COVID-19 LOCKDOWN – 5TH JANUARY 2021
Provisional bookings are being taken from 1st March 2021 with the maximum number of guests as six (6)
Before making your booking please take a few minutes to read the detailed COVID-19 regulations information at the bottom of this page.
Adhering to government restrictions we welcome everyone. For your ashes scattering we take family and friends onto the beautiful River Avon on our heated cruising boat, The Rita Ellen.
The River Avon rises near Rugby, flows past Coventry, Leamington Spa & Warwick and then into Stratford upon Avon. The Avon joins the River Severn at Tewkesbury and then flows into the sea. Your loved ones ashes may be scattered in a peaceful and pretty spot downstream some distance away from the busy Stratford upon Avon town centre. You may scatter ashes with or without a religious ceremony. We respect your choice.
We offer a selection of devotional prayers which can be played on your private charter. Click here for Hindu prayers and Sikh-prayers. Or you can bring your own music on an iPhone or Android mobile phone.
Flowers, paper petals, paper boats, ghee candles, bio-degradable water urns made of salt, sand or handmade paper may be floated on the river. If the urn is a tube, plastic or cardboard we will look after it when you leave. Plastic bags, plastic urns or cardboard boxes or scattering tubes cannot be put in the river as they do not biodegrade and are dangerous for the environment, wildlife and boats.
We offer a selection of Journey Water Urns which are hand-crafted from sustainably produced and biodegradable mulberry paper. These beautiful and natural urns when placed in water will float briefly and then sink gracefully to the riverbed, where they break down naturally over time. Not only are they beautiful but they also prevent ashes blowing around around which can upset some people. We can help you transfer the ashes to the urn on the day or send it to your funeral director for transfer ready for your collection. Please call 01789 269669 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your ceremony please Contact us for more information.
NOT AVAILABLE AT PRESENT DUE TO RESTRICTIONS. For a small charge of £2.50 per person Yorkshire tea, Masala Chai and coffee with biscuits are offered when you are seated at your table after your ceremony.
We have a selection of soft drinks to purchase and a licensed bar.
We know this is a difficult time for everyone but we’d really appreciate it if you take a few minutes and read through the following information – thank you!
COVID-19 CURRENT ADVICE AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS – LOCKDOWN FROM 5TH JANUARY 2021
- To comply with funeral service regulations and to keep everyone safe strict social distancing will be in place and the lead booker must keep a record of all guest contact details for 21 days. We will also keep the lead booker’s contact details for 21 days. This is vital for the NHS Test and Trace service in England to contact the necessary people if coronavirus outbreaks are identified in venue.
- All guests MUST wear a face covering of good quality except when eating or drinking. A safe distance should be observed with other households/support bubbles.
- By law we display the Bancroft Cruisers NHS COVID-19 QR Code poster. We recommend you download the NHS COVID-19 App and that you check-in on boarding by scanning the QR code poster. You can download the app on your mobile or here: NHS Covid-19
- We are taking contactless temperatures of your crew and guests before each cruise.
- No-one should attend if they have been in contact with COVID-19, have tested positive in the last 21 days, are waiting for a COVID result, are clinically vulnerable or are showing any symptoms.
- What is a support bubble? Click here: Basically a support bubble is where one person who lives alone can meet with another household. Once this bubble has been formed you should not change it. It means a person can have close contact with that household as if they were members of your own household. A household is where everyone lives together. For example – a household of 4 people cannot make a support bubble with a household of 3 people.
- To know more about NHS TEST & TRACE click here:
- Social Distancing – Learn more about current distancing here:
- The GOV.UK website now offers some clarity on religious ceremonies or gatherings – we are not a place of worship but the information here offers guidance that we will apply carefully – for more information click here – this may change when lockdown ends: Ash Scattering Rules